Sorry, this product is temporarily out of stock.
Petzl RAD System (Rescue And Descent)
The Petzl RAD System is an ultra-light (1.045 kg) pack that includes specific cordage, ‘biners, and ascenders for skiers performing a crevasse rescue, and rappelling down, or roping up, on a glacier.
The Petzl RAD System is a compact solution to always having the equipment necessary to perform a crevasse rescue, or to rappel or rope up on skis to traverse a crevasse zone. This is an ideal bottom-of-the-pack solution for backcountry skiers and weight, space-conscious mountaineers who need a pack that won’t weigh them down. See below for a list of the system’s full contents.
|MATERIAL(S)||Polyester, aluminum, Dyneema®, stainless steel, nylon (bag), aramid|
|CERTIFICATION(S)||CE EN 564 (RAD LINE 6 mm cordage)|
• 30 m of RAD LINE 6 mm cordage, developed specifically for crevasse rescue, rappelling, and roping up on a glacier during ski mountaineering
• 3 ATTACHE carabiners
• 1 TIBLOC ascender
• 1 MICRO TRAXION pulley-ascender
• 1 FIN’ANNEAU 120 cm sling
• Equipment is contained in a storage bag
• Only 660 g for 30 m
• Sheath has rough texture for better control when rappelling and better braking when arresting a fall in a crevasse
• Stretch of the hyper-static cord is less than 2 % to facilitate rescue maneuvers and eliminate the yo-yo effect during rappels or fall arrest in a crevasse
Kit Designed for Action
• Ideal bottom-of-the-pack solution for back-country skiers
• Cord is folded for immediate use without risk of knots or twists
• Two loops on the bag for attaching it to a harness or inside the backpack
• Sewn webbing loops on the top of the bag for attachment of all components of the kit
• Ice screw holder on the outside of the bag