Patagonia Men's Nano-Air Light hoody
The Patagonia Nano-Air Light Hoody is a lighter and more breathable version of the original Nano-Air Hoody. With two-thirds insulation, 75% more breathability, and just over a 20% weight reduction, the Nano-Air Light can be worn alone over a base layer in warmer conditions, or as a mid-layer under a shell in colder temperatures. Patagonia's FullRange insulation has four-way stretch and a high breathability to ensure you're able to move freely and quickly without overheating. The minimalist design keeps weight and bulk to a minimum whilst increasing comfort, and the ripstop shell and lining ensures durability and abrasion-resistance in harsh environments. It's said to be one of the best and most comfortable 'active insulation' mid-layers on the market.
|MATERIAL(S)||(Shell) 1.6-oz 30-denier 100% nylon stretch ripstop / (Lining) 2-oz 50-denier 100% nylon stretch plain weave / (Cuffs) 4.7-oz 88% polyester/12% elastane stretch woven|
|INSULATION||40-g FullRange™ 100% polyester stretch|
|WEIGHT||309 g (avg.)|
• Light yet durable 100% nylon ripstop shell and plain-weave liner, both with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish, offer generous mechanical stretch and exceptional breathability
• Revolutionary 40-g FullRange™ insulation warms and stretches; combined with the shell and liner, this creates excellent mechanical stretch and unprecedented air permeability (70CFM)
• Engineered pattern avoids all seaming across the shoulders and back, eliminating abrasion points and enhancing stretch
• Stretchy hood with elastic binding is warm and simple
• Pullover silhouette has deep center-front zipper to allow for quick venting and easy on-off
• Exterior left-chest zip pocket
• Stretch-woven Variable Conditions Cuffs are shaped, patterned and seamed for low-bulk layering, and push up easily without constricting forearms
Patagonia's FullRange® insulation uses a combination of thicker and thinner fibres with an additive that stabilises the fibre matrix, allowing for greater levels of stretch and breathability than PrimaLoft® Gold. This makes it perfect for fast, dynamic activities in cold weather which demand high levels of breathability and freedom of movement.
Ripstop fabrics are made by weaving a nylon thread in interlocking, square patterns through a base material. (You can spot its distinguishable appearance in fabrics with a raised box or diamond pattern.) As a result, rips and tears, unable to bypass this nylon barrier, are confined to one very small area and will not spread throughout the fabric.