Find the best size for you
La Sportiva Skwama Climbing Shoe
The La Sportiva Skwama is a feature-packed advanced bouldering and sport climbing shoe that’s known for a level of comfort unusual in such a sensitive high-performance shoe. La Sportiva have designed the Skwama to be adaptable across all types of climbing, and it will perform best on steep and overhanging technical routes that also include edging, smearing, toe hooks, and heel hooks. Probably their most versatile shoe for climbers seeking all-round high-performance rather than just single-area high-performance.
The Skwama's P3 rand system helps maintains the shoe's aggressive shape, and this combined with the split-sole designed to reduce deformation when edging still provides a decent level of edging stability and support in such a soft shoe. The Skwama really excels at toe and heel hooking, including both the S-Heel™ with an "incompressible rubber insert" to help create a solid and unmoveable hook on holds during torsion-heavy moves, and the elongated toe rubber that provides friction across the entire forefoot.
As for fit, the Skwama features a suede leather / microfibre upper which is lined only in the back. Being part synthetic and part leather, expect it to stretch up to half a size. La Sportiva recommend you fit the Skwama on the snug side for a performance fit. If you're looking for a similar shoe but one that's stiffer and more suited for all-round use, try the Otaki or Kataki shoes which are built on the same last as the Skwama.
|Upper material|| |
|Closure type|| |
|Sizing and fit|| |
Yellow / Black
0.42 kg (Size 40 EU)
|Sole material|| |
Vibram XS Grip 2
|Sole thickness|| |
Lined (Back Only)
Vibram XS Grip2™
Rubber compound built for pure friction, recommended for use where maximum grip is the primary need - bouldering and sport climbing, indoor climbing, or extremely smooth, polished routes.
P3® Permanent Power Platform
After intensive abuse, downturned climbing shoes can start to lose their distinctive shape. La Sportiva’s P3 rand system prevents from this happening so your shoe maintains its powerful profile, permanently.
Full Features List
• Patented S-Heel™ construction provides optimal heel hooking manoeuvrability and the perfect heel cup fit
• P3® patented technology coupled with the new innovative split-sole construction allows the sole to spread when weighted, reducing edge deformation
• Sticky rubber toe patch for toe hooks and scums
• AWARDS: Climbing Magazine - Editors' Choice 2017
26 product reviews
Finally a very tight shoe that I can wear without pain with my Greek feet (2nd toe is longer then my big toe).
Will buy the Skwama's till the end of time!
This shoes not only look amazing, they feel amazing!
I went for a 1 and a half-size down.. they felt really snug and ready to perform within a couple indoor sessions.
Skwarma is a very enjoyable mix of sensibility and precision, great flexibility and heel hooking stability.
Perhaps the durability it's not the best, being the most concerning down side of this amazing shoe.
Fits great on my wide foot, great awesome for bouldering and steep sport, and still good on small edges. Very comfortable, can almost wear them all day. I wear a size 41 and my street size is 43
Used for approximately 1 month. Shoe size 37.5, street shoe size 41-41.5.
- Great toebox, downturned, wide enough, yet quite supportive on small holds.
- Toe rubber path is great for toe hooks - I'd say the best on the market in terms of pulling with your toes.
- Very comfortable out of the box.
- Closure system.
- Heel cup and tension rubber strap do not hold heel in place when pulling with your heel.
- Heel cup could be a bit narrower.
- The black kinda plasticy material on the side of the shoe opening cracked, which I think also contributed to loosened tension between toe and the heel.
Overall: OK shoes, with some flaws. For the next pair would probably go with Skwama'Ws or Scarpa Drago, or will wait for the new Velcro Dragons\Aleon from Five Ten.
It's an order from Japan, but for 9 days, arrival of goods.
It was also inexpensive and you could do your very good shopping.
I'd like to use it.
A heel may fit wonderfully.