Find the best size for you
Black Diamond Focus Climbing Shoe Men's
The Black Diamond Focus Climbing Shoe Men's strength is standing on small holds for a long time whilst still remaining comfortable. The last is slightly downturned with a high asymmetry, making it highly precise for hard boulder problems but not too uncomfortable for longer sport routes with lots of small edges; although, the real secret to its comfort is the leather upper, giving you a customised fit that will stretch and mould to your specific foot shape. And, as with all of Black Diamond's climbing shoes, the Focus' rubber has been moulded rather than cut, allowing for much more control of the weight, thickness, and consistency of each mould to enhance the rubber’s overall comfort, durability and performance.
There's also a lower volume version if you have narrower, lower volume feet.
|Upper material|| |
|Closure type|| |
|Sole material|| |
• Moderate, slightly down-turned last for technical climbing on vertical to gently-overhanging terrain
• 4.3mm rubber is purpose-built for edging and moulded for consistency and performance
• Engineered Knit Technology tongue provides exceptional breathability and comfort
• Fine, durable leather upper
• High friction rubber is printed on the shoe to minimise bulk and maximise dexterity and grip for toe hooking
• Velcro straps for fit adjustability
• Medial and Lateral stabiliser rands increase precision by keeping your foot from rolling when pressure is applied to the outside or inside edges
1 product review
A very mixed shoe. The design is amazing, they edge very well and stick to the wall. The shoe looks amazing and the rubber is mega grippy. However, they are SMALL. Very small. The leather upper does not stretch as much as you’d think due to the rubber printed on it. For reference Scarpa Vapor V’s in a 9.5 were perfect. I got these shoes in a 9.5 and it has left the knuckles on my toes raw and walking anywhere in them is out of the question. The stitching on these shoes leaves a lot to be desired; loose threads and rough seams give me little faith in the shoe’s longevity. In all a reasonable shoe for the price, just buy large.