The Petzl Boreo Helmet is a multi-faceted helmet that's light, durable, and protective to suit all activities, including climbing, mountaineering, caving, via ferrata, and canyoning. It features a hybrid construction that consists of a hard, thick ABS shell with EPP and EPS foam liners for a compact, comfortable fit. Lateral, front, and rear impact points are reinforced for complete protection.
|SIZE||(SM) 48-58 cm, (ML) 53-61 cm|
|WEIGHT||(SM) 285 g, (ML) 295 g|
|MATERIAL(S)||ABS shell, expanded polypropylene (EPP) liner, expanded polystyrene (EPS) liner, polyester webbing|
Boreo Key Features
• Hard outer shell is impact and scratch resistant for optimal durability
• Hybrid construction with thick ABS shell, an EPP foam liner and an EPS foam liner makes it compact on the head
• Soft headband conforms perfectly to the shape of the head and folds into the shell for storage and transportation
• Head-covering design for optimal protection against lateral, front and rear impact:
• Head-covering shape, lower in the rear, offers reinforced protection
• Suitable for climbing, mountaineering, caving, via ferrata, canyoning...
• Four clips for headlamp attachment
• Compatible with the VIZION eye shield
3 product reviews
It’s my first climbing helmet. It’s lightweight and comfortable to wear. For girl who has ponytail, I will recommend her. Last I wore it all day and won’t feel humid under the sun.
Great fit, super comfortable. The adjustment straps are a little bit complicated compared to older Petzl helmets so this helmet isn't ideal for sharing with multiple users. But great as a personal helmet.
I bougth this as my first climbing helmet. It has been good choice. Although, i cant speak for its protetction since no falls on head nor rocks on the helmet. But the fit is great for my head. It is comfy to to wear for 8 hrs. I really like combination of the foam and hard plasitc. Shock absorbing and fall protection in same package. Only drawback is the color, i got blue which is quite lame blue imo.